The AffStat 2008 Report is now available for immediate download in PDF format.
The survey covered the overall statistics for affiliate programs, as well as a number of issues that face affiliate managers.
Areas covered in the survey included affiliate networks, staffing, affiliate recruiting, and management.
Below are the questions being asked for the AffStat Report:
- How does your program determine commissions?
- Does your program have dedicated management (no other duties for affiliate manager)?
- How many affiliates do you have?
- How many new affiliates do you acquire per month?
- How many click-throughs do your affiliates generate per month?
- What is the conversion rate for your affiliate program?
- What percent of your affiliates are active (defined as having generated at least one click last month)?
- What percent of your affiliates earned commission last month?
- What percent of the total transactions on your site are generated through affiliates?
- Do you approve affiliates automatically or manually?
- Which network(s), solution provider(s), or software program(s) do you use to track your affiliate program(s)?
- Do you have a blog for your affiliate program?
- What was the largest commission you paid to an individual affiliate in one month?
- Do you permit your affiliates to bid on your trademark name(s) in pay per click search engines?
- What types of rewards and/or incentives do you offer to your affiliates?
- What is the biggest challenge in affiliate marketing?
- What's your most effective method for recruiting affiliates?
- Which type(s) of data feeds do you provide to affiliates?
- Do you provide individual affiliates with exclusive coupons (i.e. coupons in name of affiliate site)?
- Do you allow affiliates to promote coupon codes that were not made available through the affiliate program?
- Do you manage the affiliate program in-house or are you an outsourced program manager?
- What is your annual salary (including incentives and bonsues)? [in-house employees]
- Does your salary include incentives and bonuses? [in-house employees]
- What is your total monthly compensation for the affiliate program you manage (including percent of transactions if applicable)? [outsourced program managers]
- Does your compensation include performance incentives? [outsourced program managers]